July 11, 2019
Our Privacy Commitment
Vivo Mobile Tech., Inc. (hereafter referred as “Vivo” or “We”) and its affiliates understand that information and privacy are important for you. If you would like to share your information with us, we can provide you with better products and services, and help you to solve the issues you might be facing while using our products.
You can choose whether or not to share your information. However, if you decide not to share your information, we may not be able to provide you with related services and solve the issues you might be facing while using our products.
Information that Vivo collects and the Access, Usage, Sharing, and Storage, and Retention of Personal Data
When you sign up to be part of our user base, the company may require you to provide the following but not limited to: your Name, Birthdate, Gender, E-mail Address, Mobile/Landline Number, Home Address, Purchase details (purchase transaction details), and Questions/Comments/Concerns/Complaints.
We use the information that we collect for the following purposes:
- Build better services.We use this information to provide and maintain relevant information to our users. This also enables us to ensure that our services are working as intended, such as tracking outages or troubleshooting issues that you report to us. And we use your information to make improvements to our services – for example, understanding which product features are often being considered which allows us to introduce a better product.
- Provide personalized services, including content and ads. Depending on your settings, we may also show you personalized ads based on your interests. For example, if you are searching for a smartphone in a particular price segment, you may see an ad on Google search pertaining to products of the same caliber as what you are looking for.
- Brand announcements.We may use your contact information to send you administrative announcements related to system enhancements, program updates, discounts, promos, sales, advertisements, events, marketing activities and commercial communications, and offers that Vivo deems beneficial to the member as well as to the publication of Member’s name in relation to promotional efforts and any automated decision-making that may or may not significantly affect the user.
- Measure Performance. Your information will help us conduct our analytics and measurement to understand the impact of our products and marketing in the market.
Your personal information may be stored and processed for a period of 5 years and be disposed after the period. Disposal of your personal information regardless of media are made in a secure manner that would prevent further processing, unauthorized access and disclosure.
Disclosure and Transfer of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal information under the following circumstances, pursuant to the consent provided by you herein:
Your personal information will be disclosed to an affiliated company of Vivo;
2. We are required to disclose your personal information by local judicial or government authorities, agencies or as mandated under applicable laws Vivo may, without obtaining prior consent from you, share information with governmental agencies mandated under law to obtain information including sensitive personal data or information for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation including cyber incidents, prosecution, and punishment of offences.
3. In the event of any merger, restructuring or bankruptcy, Vivo may also provide your personal information to related third parties.
Protection of user information
Vivo will take necessary and reasonable steps to protect your information, including but not limited to technical and physical measures. However, please note that although we have implemented reasonable measures to protect your personal information, there is no security measure that can guarantee absolute safety.
Should you choose not to provide and agree on the above personal information, Vivo may not be able to provide added benefits of being a part of its user base.
Cookie is a type of specific identifier to enable your device to be identified by our system. Sometimes we will store cookies on your device to record your preferences and provide personalized services. It will also record your login credentials, so you don’t have to enter this information each time you sign in.
Current browser configuration has settings to accept and limit the level of cookies. You may configure at your own preference when you use web browser to access the services. You may learn more details about cookies from your browser’s “Help” menu.
You may at any time disable cookies. By modifying your browser preferences, you can choose to accept all cookies, or to reject all cookies. You can still use Vivo IT data network even if you do not accept cookies, but please note that certain services may be designed to work with cookies, and disabling cookies may affect your use of the services or part of the service.
We may use cookie-like technology, such as web beacons (or “pixel tags”), to send information from your device to server.
Web beacons are generally embedded in e-mail and online video. With beacon, we can read some specific information from your device, such as whether the e-mail was opened, device IP and so on.
We will analyze the data collected through web beacons, in order to optimize the products and provide services that suit you better.
By accessing and using our services, you are deemed to agree that cookies and web beacons will be stored on your device.
Cookies may also be used to serve relevant ads based on user’s profile and browsing habits through Facebook Ad Manager, Twitter Ads or Google Ads.
Your consent and choice
As data subject you have the right to be informed, to object, to access, to rectify, to erasure or blocking, to damages, to data portability and to complain in relation to your personal information under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. If you wish to correct or update your personal information, we may ask some information in order to verify and ensure the identity to avoid unwanted disclosure of personal information. Any complaint should be made in writing, clearly state the material facts, specify your contact information and include supporting evidence.
Copyright © 2018 Vivo Communication Technology Co. Ltd. All rights reserved.